7/02/2012

Baby #2 Update

This post was lost along the way. I took a picture at 20 weeks exactly, but that was almost two weeks ago!  I'll be 22 weeks on Thursday, but I'll post it now before I forget everything.

It was right around 20 weeks that I really felt this girl move. It isn't often, but it's definitely the real deal. I had felt familiar flutters before but just like with Josie it wasn't always clear if it was me being hungry with a growling stomach or if the baby was moving.

I've definitely felt better this time around! No swelling at all (yet, let's be real here) and I generally don't feel like I'm moving much slower than normal. Part of that is because I am able to lay down for 20 minutes when Josie is napping which rejuvenates me enough to keep going strong the rest of the day. I'm more active but eating healthy has kind of been up and down. Definitely better than last time but still not the greatest. Will it ever be though? Again, being real.

20 Weeks
I kind of feel like I'm cheating in the picture above because we all know how flattering black can be.

More realistic 20 weeks
That's a big belly! And let's just get a flashback side by side of the two bellies at 20 weeks:



I kind of look like I've learned to push out my belly more at this point...I look bigger now than I did with Josie! In real life, I'd say maybe not quite as much as it looks in the picture. I know I haven't gained as much weight at this point either. 



Baby girl - keep on movin' and groovin'. Your dad is waiting to feel you too.

Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. It's only natural that your belly would be larger for the second child, especially when they're close enough to not have time to regain muscle.  It's fun to compare!

    ReplyDelete